Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2014 18:52:54 -0500
Hi Derek,

Yes ,I have played around a lot with this concept if nothing else than the fact that otherwise

you constantly have to be running the CD\DVD drive.

The idea is to copy the files from the CD and save them to your hard drive.

You could do this without "assistance", but the preferred way is to create an ISO ,save that to your hard drive

and then employ a virtual CD program that creates virtual CD or DVD drives.

(An  "ISO " is an image file that contains all the necessary data to run an installation or program.)

For audio and video CDs or DVDs, you could do the same or use so-called "ripping" programs.

When the game or program asks for the CD (and drive) you direct it to the virtual CD.

In fact ,it's even better to install the game via the virtual CD drive, since later on  it automatically "knows" that the "CD is already loaded".

and will select the correct drive.

(This is actually a registry value that indicates the "install source".

This does require that the virtual CD program is running as well

Programs that create an ISO from a disc or number of files"  and Virtual CD/DVD drives

My own favorite is ImgBurn, but these days it comes with some bundled other software - nothing malicious,

but most of the time unwanted. You can bypass this by paying attention during setup. Choose CUSTOM and deselect the add-ons (2 x)

see description on Softpedia.

http://www.imgburn.com/#

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

 * http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/ImgBurn.shtml

http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe (straight from ImgBurn server)

CDBurnerXP   Allows for creation of ISO as well as virtual CD drives

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Intro/cdburnerxp

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/createiso

Another one is  Virtual CloneDrive   Virtual CD/DVD Rom  Also gets good reviews

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

MagicISO  - MagicDisc      Virtual CD/DVD-ROM

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

Then there's a Microsoft one.

Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38780

Here are some more similar programs as a list

http://www.freewarefiles.com/category_6_232.html

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Virtual-CD-DVD-Rom/

http://www.softpedia.com/catList/101,0,2,0,1.html   this link is organized as to rank  -highest first. (ignore unrelated programs)

Obviously ,you're free to choose which one you want to use, but above are the ones I use ,with an edge to ImgBurn,  CDBurnerXP

and Virtual Clone Drive.

Otners will have different resommendations. eg DaemonTools Lite ,but it's a much larger program..

Peter E.

PS, if you want to experiment, do this in a sandbox, like the one from Sandboxie, This way there's no uninstall - just empty the sandbox.

Anyway you've got a choice .....

Peter E.