Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:13:58 -0500
From: Geraldine Dunne :Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 6:09 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Control Panel Gone

> Hello everyone,
>
> Love some help on this one.  My father has a Pentium 120MHz with 32mb RAM
> and has recently installed Windows 98.  The reason he did install it was
> because he had lost his access into the control panel.  Everytime he got
> the stage of waiting for the control panel window to open the computer
would
> just freeze.
>
> This started to happen after he had removed some programs he no longer
> wanted, by the way.
>
> He was running Windows 95 and wanted to upgrade anyway and we were both
> hoping that the new version would solve the problem, but no such luck.
>
> Look forward to your help.
>
> Regards
> Gerry Dunne

Control Panel is known as a virtual folder and can be found in the Windows
directory as control.exe.  It sounds like his control.exe has become
corrupted.  You can replace the Control.exe file using  SFC.EXE  that is
found in  c:\windows\system\sfc.exe  or you can access the System file
checker from Start\Programs\Accesories\System Tools\ System Information.
Click the  Tools in the menu and then select "System File Checker" from the
drop down menu and follow the instructions.    Make sure to have your Win98
install cd handy when you replace the file.

Mary Wolden

                         http://nospin.com/rode