Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:30:19 -0500
Steve wrote:

>I am having a slight problem with one of my users' PC's.  After
>selecting "Shut down..." from the Start menu, the machine progresses to
>the "Please wait ..." screen and then hangs there.  The power switch on
>the machine must then be turned off in order to restart....

When Windows 95 shuts down it performs many functions, including the
transition of all protected-mode drivers back to real mode, the completion
of all disk write functions and flushing of the disk cache, and the closing
of all currently running programs, which includes running the Close Window
code for any applications that are running. When Windows 95 does not shut
down properly, it may appear to stop responding (hang) for several minutes,
holding at the "Please wait while your computer shuts down" screen.

Shutdown problems in Windows 95 can be caused by an incompatible, damaged,
or conflicting device driver, a damaged exit sound file, or incorrectly
configured or damaged hardware. To troubleshoot this problem, follow the
eleven step procedure outlined in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article
"How to Troubleshoot Windows 95 Shutdown Problems" at the webpage
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q145/9/26.asp>.

Or use the "Windows 95 Startup and Shutdown Troubleshooting Wizard" which
is located at <http://support.microsoft.com/support/tshoot/default.asp>.

If you have trouble accessing the Knowledge Base article, email me and I
will send you the webpage as an email attachment. (It's 30 KB as an HTML
file or 8 KB zipped.) Microsoft may want you to "register" (for free)
before you can access Knowledge Base articles. Tthey check to see if you
have registered by reading your browser's cookie file when you access
their website. (They want you in their database.)

Regards,
Bill