Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:31:41 -0400
Fatal exception errors are codes returned by a program in the following
cases:
Access to an illegal instruction has been encountered
Invalid data or code has been accessed
The privilege level of an operation is invalid

When any of these occur, the processor returns an exception to the operating
system, which in turn is handled as a Fatal Exception Error. In many cases
the exception is non-recoverable and the system must either be restarted or
shutdown, depending upon the severity of the error.

In the following example of a Fatal Exception error

A fatal exception <XY> has occurred at xxxx:xxxxxxxx

the <XY> represents the actual processor exception from 00 to 0F .The
xxxx:xxxxxxxx represents the enhanced instruction pointer to the code
segment and the 32-bit address is the actual address where the exception
occurred.

Windows does not cause these errors, but has the exception handling routine
for that particular processor exception, which displays the above message.

To make a long story short, these types of errors are usually memory
related, and could be caused by a number of things. If it is happening only
when you are online then it could be a problem with badly installed modem
drivers or I have even seen instances when it was a defective modem or a
cheaply made modem that was causing this and as soon as we changed the modem
the problem stopped. This may not be the case for you but it's an option to
check into. Try uninstalling the modem drivers and then reinstall them
again.