Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:58:03 -0700

menus and options, you hopefully will be as amazed as I am as to Quicken's
flexibility.

Tom Mayer
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Shkabara" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 8:57 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Quicken 2003

This is for the Quicken experts on the list. I had been an MS Money user for
a long time, but Quicken is relatively new to me. My impression is that MS
Money 2003 is a much better program than Quicken 2003, but it lacks a very
important feature. Strangely, in Money, you cannot change the display font!
So we are going with Quicken at this time.

Anyway, among my problems with Quicken is that when you select to use the
next check number in making an entry, Quicken seems to generate the next
number after the last entry you made rather than the next highest number of
all number in the register. In our case, we made a correction to a register
entry to fix the check number. When we tried to enter the next transaction,
Quicken gave us the wrong "next number" for the check. Worse yet, Quicken
allowed the now duplicate number to be entered. Am I missing some setting in
Quicken, or is it really that infuriatingly dumb?

Sorry for my Quicken bashing tone, but the programmers at Intuit did an
astoundingly poor job of user interface design on this program. Although
Money has a lot of faults of its own, it has a better, logical, and
forgiving design than Quicken.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                       http://freepctech.com/rode