Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:20:25 +0000
On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On opening Eudora Light: The opening window is to compose a letter....
>The letter always has the letter (a) in the    To:
>Now I have to delete this page and my trash gets cluttered with all
>these (a) letters to no one....

First time I heard anyone complain their Trash was _untidy_
(Must live in a swell neigborhood :-)

I just throw mine away and compact mailboxes: Alt+SEST

But seriously, to solve the problem...
I find Eudora usually launches with the same _mailbox_ windows
it had open when it was last closed, but I don't think your
friend can carry over an editing session even if she wanted to.

So Eudora must be launching from a request for a new message.

How does your friend launch Eudora?

If it's from a Desktop shortcut icon, check the Target field and edit
if necessary. (Right click icon, select Properties|Shortcut.)

I use Eudora Light 3.0 under Win95a and my Target is
   "C:\Program Files\Eudora\Eudora.exe" (quotes included).

I found I could duplicate her problem with the following Target:
   "C:\Program Files\Eudora\Eudora.exe" mailto:(a)
- and '(a)' (or whoever) becomes the recipient of a new email.

Perhaps her Eudora has been installed with an _unconfigured_ template
icon for a mew message - configured, this is a great way to write to a
regular correspondent, but obviously not what she wants or understands.

If Eudora is launched by another application, or a batch command,
_that_ is supplying the equivalent command line Mailto: parameter,
and you will have to investigate how to stop it requesting new mail.

Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~len/ ICQ:10120933

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]