Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:34:27 -0800
> ==========Forwarded by the Moderator=========
>
> For Ricardo Juliao L.:  [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello All:
>
> I have been analyzing the bootlog.txt file I just created using the appropiate
> bootup choice. The following errors have been "encountered" in the file:
>
> [000C0F95] Dynamic load failed naapi.vxd : [000C0F95] File not found
>
> [000C0F42] LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd
>
> [000C0F4D] LoadFailed = ebios
>
> [000C0F4E] LoadFailed = vshare
>
> [000C0F5D] LoadFailed = EBIOS
>
> [000C0F6A] DEVICEINITFAILED = MTRR
>
> [000C108C] INITCOMPLETEFAILED = SDVXD
>
> 1. naapi.vxd is nowhere to be found...where can I get it? What is it?

  According to a post I found on the web, this is a driver for a
Creative Labs sound card THAT WORKS ONLY WITH THE JAPANESE VERSION OF
WIN95.  You aren't the only one whose machine is trying to load this,
but obviously it shouldn't even try.

> 2. ndis2sup.vxd is only mentioned once in bootlog.txt (not loaded succesfully
> elsewhere) and is located in /windows/system...why can?t it load succesfully?

  When ndis2sup tries to load, it discovers that you do not have a
networking configuration that needs support for NDIS 2.0, so it fails
the load instead of taking up memory.

> 3. ebios is found twice in bootlog.txt (both failed loads), and I can?t find
> any file with a name like this.

  If you had an IBM PS/2 with its extended BIOS, you might need this
to be loaded.

> 4. vshare is found only once in bootlog.txt (failed load), and I can?t find
> any file with a name like this.

  Vshare should show up 2-4 times in bootlog.txt, loading
successfully only on the first try (where it is part of some larger
file -- VMM32.VXD?).

> 5. mtrr.vxd is loaded succesfully but fails to initialize and is located in
> /windows/system.

  This seems to be part of DirectX 5.0.  Do you have a
DirectX-compatible video driver installed?

> 6. sdvxd is initialized succesfully but fails to complete and is nowhere to be
> found as a file.

  This is a component of Norton's SpeedDisk utility.  Their FAQ page
at
  http://service.symantec.com/faq/nu95v2.html
suggests REMing out any line in AUTOEXEC.BAT that loads SMARTDRV, and
indicates a possible conflict with some video drivers (see above?).

> My system is Win95 4.00.950.B FAT32 with IE4.01 w/o Active Desktop, McAfee
> VirusScan 3.01, Norton Crashguard 2.0, Norton Utils for W95 (old version),
> Sci Tech Display Doctor 6.0 beta, and W95 Powertoys.

David G