Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Heather Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:02:57 -0500
Hi Kathy.   I’m 62 – we “old gals” can handle this!!
You may have noticed earlier messages regarding spyware (things that can be left on your computer unknown to you when you’re on the net) and I think that is what happened.   Here are some suggestions:
1. Install software that gets rid of “spyware”:  I use Spybot and find it very good.  It can be downloaded for free at http://security.kolla.de – before you run the “search and destroy”, do an update to download any new info they have.  I run spybot once or twice a week to keep my computer clean.  To find out more about spyware, click on Overview on the left hand side of their home page.
2. Install a firewall.  I use Zone Alarm (I know other users don’t like it but I find it excellent).  This stops unknown computers from getting into yours.  You can download their free version at http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp - click on download and buy and at the left side, select Zone-Alarm (that’s the free version).  Once it’s installed set the Program Control and Privacy Settings to Medium.  Note:  the firewall may block sites that are ok for you – it will ask you and you can say it’s ok and “remember this” so that it doesn’t block the site in the future.
3. Regularily clean your internet cache of cookies and temporary files.   In Internet Explorer, click on Tools and then Internet Options.  In the middle of the dialog window that you get, click the buttons to get rid of them.
4. Set your Internet Options to delete temporary files when IE is closed:  Tools/Internet Options/Advanced:  scroll down to Security and then make sure there is a check mark in the box to the left of “Empty Temporary Internet Files….” (about 4 or 5 boxes down)

Others on our list use different spyware and firewalls – they’re all good, it’s what works for you.   Good luck and let me know if the problem is corrected.

Regards,
Heather Stratton

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml