Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:57:37 -0800
On 16 Feb 98 at 20:27, William Hornkohl wrote:

> I created a simple program in qbasic, processing sequential files
> from a data disk, the assigment is to print 3 records on one page.
> The total output consists of 4 pages.  Each page must have a
> heading.  Now when I run the program and print out the output, the
> headings print at the bottom of the following page.  The first page
> is lined up fine, them every page after that is off.  How can I set
> up the program so it prints only three records per page and also
> prints the headings.  I guess my question would be is there  such a
> thing as a page-break in qbasic.  If there is, how??

  It has been a little while since I programmed in QBASIC, and I
don't recall that as a feature of the language.  What I do recall is
that a great many pinters will interpret Control-L, which is
CHR$(12), as a "page eject" or "skip to top of next page" signal.
You may have to check the manual for your specific printer to confirm
this.
  [There may, just possibly, be a way to set the number of lines per
page, and that might be adequate for this partitcular exercise.]

David G

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]