Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lisa Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:49:00 -0500
Sometime within the past 2 weeks, I have acquired inadvertently a parasite that does roughly the following when I first run Internet Explorer 5.5:  It creates  c:/windows/temp/asic_temp.html, and opens it in a new (2nd window), which then redirects to a page at www.dlode.com, and thence to a BonziBuddy (cringe) welcome page inviting me to download my own surfing buddy.  It also spawns a couple of pop-up ads (including, I think, one for coolsaver), and changes my homepage from my.yahoo.com to the BonziBuddy invitation page.  I have NEVER knowingly downloaded Bonzi Buddy, or any similar program, and I'm the only one using this machine.

Please help me get rid of this monstrosity before I go crazy!  I know how to return my home page to what I want, and I can delete the spurious html file from windows/temp C but the mischief keeps coming back, I don't know what *.dll, or *.exe or java script or WHAT is doing this or where to find it so as to kill it DEAD. Ad-aware doesn't catch it.  It activates every few days (I haven't discovered the pattern yet) whether I start IE 5.5 from the Desktop shortcut or the Start menu shortcut.

In case it is relevant, I am running IE 5.5, and Win98SE.

Thanks.
Lisa Kohn

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml