Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:43:36 -0400
At 09:42 PM 09/06/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Open you IE browser window  or go to control panel. In IE click on tools
>and go down to internet options. In control panel click on internet
>options either way you are in the same place. Click on the tab marked
>connections.  Click on the box marked settings ,the box is below Add and
>remove boxes. Click on the advance box below properties.  Place a check
>mark in the box that says "Disconnect when my connection may no longer be
>needed."   click OK all the way out close your browser completly, I would
>recommend you restart your computer but it isn't absolutly vital in this
>case to completly restart windows.

Brendhan: Thanks very much for the suggestion. [Sorry to be unable to
report that it worked for me.] I tried both routes and a restart as well. I
had not placed a check mark in "Disconnect ....." and I'm not sure that I
had ever had it checked- ageing memory! However I had fairly recently
checked the box above "Disconnect if idle "x" minutes" That has now been
unchecked but it was working properly when checked.

Back to square 1 and here is a bit more detail:

I use Eudora and Outlook Express. Both are set up to do a dial up, collect
my mail and close the connection. They still function perfectly.

My Netscape and Dial up shortcut on the desktop both connect properly when
I click on them but neither one breaks the Internet connection
automatically. They function as intended.

So, the failure somewhere in the system to give me an alert when I close
IE5 is the continuing and sole problem. Incidentally, for Demetri and
perhaps others, the alert did not do an automatic disconnect. If I ignored
it or clicked on the NO button, it just went away.

>That should solve your problem the next time you are on on the internet.

With the problem still there, I decided to try a few other things. First I
put my Win 98 SE disk in the CD drive and tried to locate and reinstall
"Internet Options". I was not able to identify it or its source on the CD.
I stopped short of reinstalling Win 98.

Next I went START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/SYSTEM
INFORMATION/TOOLS. There I clicked on Internet Explorer Repair Tool and it
tried to do its thing. It stopped part way through and told me: " Version
6.0.8337.0 of MSVCRT.DLL exists but it must be greater than version
6.0.8397.0 . Run setup...   Solution coming??????

Rather than running setup, I went back to TOOLS and this time clicked on
System File Checker and had it scan for altered, changed or deleted files.
None were reported. I then used the second option in System File Checker,
"Extract a Single File from Installation Disk" and had it install a new
copy of MSVCRT.DLL version 6.0.8397.0.

Having done that, I reran the Internet Explorer Repair Tool and it
completed the repair with no further problems. I don't think that the
repair specifics are logged.

I then started IE5 and shut it down to see if all was now OK. The long and
the short of it- No Change, the alert is still among the missing!

Any suggestions as to where I can go from here?

Thanks,

Peter Darrach