Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:16:34 -0800
List owner Drew Dunn is a Micron Electrical Engineer, so he is the expert
when it comes to RAM, but yes a semi conductor can die like any other
electronic device. Static discharge, voltage surge, poor connections, and
heat can effect RAM, just like it does your CPU. The damage can be slight,
and the RAM still work, and test OK in DOS, or in a BIOS check, but under
heavy use, in windows for example, it fails.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 08:26 PM 3/11/2003 +1300, you wrote:
>Yeah.....I suppose that could be the case here...but the 512Mb of DDR ram
>has been in the machine for nearly 18 months now.  Are you saying that ram
>can deteriorate?
>I should say that I've already checked the two sticks are seated properly.
>Ian Porter
>
>-

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml