Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:20:54 -0400
-----Original Message-----

Date:    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:17:36 -0400
From:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Excel Declining Number

Hi Mark:

I thinking if you set a static number in one cell, say 39,000. Then have a
second cell return the now  function returning today value rounded
accordingly. Then finally a third cell subtracting the previous two cells.
Are you following me? Let me know, if not. This should work with the round
functions or abs function depending on what you want. Also watch your cell
format.

Richard F. Bolha

-----------------------------
Here's a simple formula that might work for you when counting the days down,
< ="mm/dd/yy"-NOW() >. If you know the date that you're counting down to,
you place that in the mm/dd/yy portion of the formula and then the
function -NOW() will subtract the current date. The info shown in the cell
(if you format it as number) will show the number of days remaining.

The formula the Richard is pointing to would be:

1. A cell with a date entered into it. (preferably the date you started your
calculatiions) '-A1'
2. A second cell with: =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"d")  'Returns a number (in days)
between the current date and the date entered into A1' '-A2'
3. A third cell with your defined number  '-B1'
4. The fourth cell would contain '=(B1-A2)' where B1 was the defined number
and A2 was the result of the DATEDIF formula entered (in line 2)  -'B2'

Make sure the format for the fourth cell (B2) is defined as "number".

HTH

Chris Ryan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml