Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 03:17:39 -0400
Hi Jerry,

Avenue A is a tracking cookie, sort of like doubleclick. As far as
threats go in the current scheme of things, it's relatively mild.
Apparently your wife's home page has banner ads with the Avenue
A cookie associated with it (them).
Personally, I'd just block it, and stay away from sites running their
banner ads. If your wife wants, she can set her start page to one
that doesn't have malicious ads, such as www.google.com. Or
perhaps your ISP has a good home page you can use for a start
page. But definitely continue to block this cookie.
Good luck.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

On 9 Oct 2004 at 0:02, Jerry Belfor wrote:

> My wife's computer (XP Home, SP1) recently started getting the message
> "Spybot-S&D reports that you want to download "Avenue A, Inc.". This
> is a known threat. Do you want to BLOCK this download?" when she opens
> IE6. She selects Yes (to block) and can surf normally except for a few
> sites where the message appears again.
>
> I've run Spybot and Ad-Aware SE Personal (both current with latest
> definitions) to no avail. Any ideas? Should we allow the download then
> run Spybot & Ad-Aware?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jerry

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: