Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:41:36 -0800
Unlike MS-DOS (including win9x), NT, which includes Win2k and XP, cannot
be booted from a floppy alone due to the size of the core code. What you
have in the boot disks for Win2k is a boot loader and a whole lot of
device drivers needed to start the OS. It then must rely on a CDROM or
hard disk image to continue the boot. If you already have Win2k
installed on a hard disk, a single floppy can get you started with the
boot loader.

Recognize that DOS and Win9x relies on the BIOS in ROM for part of its
device drivers. NT does not use the BIOS and loads its own drivers for
all hardware. That is why it needs a larger disk storage to boot, and
also why it may not run on all hardware. The benefit here is a much more
reliable system (most of the time :) ).

Peter
The NoSpin Group