Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 01:33:10 -0400
At 02:19 15-05-98 -0400, Karl wrote:
>Since MaxMTU is an important operational parameter, I must assume it is
>listed, though perhaps with another name. Does anyone know if it was listed
>by another name in another location in the Registry of the original Win95?

Hi Karl

There are parameters that are not listed in the registry. Windows uses
default values for these parameters unless you add the correct subkeys to
the registry and set them to different values.

I suggest that you download and run MTUSpeed. This is a free program that
will let you test for and choose the MaxMTU setting that is best for you.
It will also allow you to intelligently change the registry settings RWIN
and MSS, as well as PMTUBlaskHoleDetect, PMTUAutoDiscovery and Time to Live.
Changing MaxMTU without setting the correct RWIN and MSS can be a mistake.
This is all described in the documentation accompanying MTUSpeed.

You can download MTUSpeed from <http://www.mjs.u-net.com/mtuspeed.htm>.
Be sure to get the extra file so you end up with MTUSpeed Pro 4.10.

You can use REGMON to track the changes made to the registry by MTUSpeed.
Download regmon from <http://www.sysinternals.com/regmon.htm>.

If you wish to add the MaxMTU subkey to your registry manually, directions
are available from <http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq_a.htm#HalfSpeed>
or <http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/maxmtu.htm>. Mr. Navas has written
a control panel applet which will allow you to do this automatically. You
can get it from <http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/tcpipcfg.exe>.

Regards,
Bill