Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
ACassel2000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:43:59 -0700
I can never believe the commotion that occurs every time Microsoft
discontinues support of an operating system.  First of all it's not
really "support" they're discontinuing, it's updates correcting their
goofs on original release.  MS support usually ends with "Not a Windows
problem.  Call the software/hardware company. They're at fault."  Most
of the XP updates, as many have mentioned, are security fixes for things
that have not, nor ever will occur in the wild.  As long as your OS is
working well, why on earth would anyone want to update to the latest and
greatest if what you have is doing the job.

The only thing I would wish for in XP is the ability to adjust partition
sizes, but there are other ways even if Norton has totally destroyed
Partition Magic.  The computer I'm running is an 8 1/2 year old home
built that has been running XP Pro since it was born.  I've never had a
blue screen of death, and I average about two freezes a year, usually
from Firefox for some odd reason.  It's on a minimum of 15 hours a day,
seven days a week.  My granddaughter picked up a rootkit virus about 3
months ago and that the only problem I've ever had.  Incidentally, I
always ran AVG, but Kaspersky AV was the only thing that I found that
was capable of detecting it and removing it.

Despite 8 1/2 years of junk being loaded on it, it still goes from cold
start to ready for action in 1.3 minutes.  Why on earth would I want to
dump XP?  We have other computers in the house that run Vista and Win
7.  I prefer my XP to Vista, and can not honestly see anything I would
gain with Win 7.  To those who feel it's necessary to install every one
of MS's "updates," look at it as a blessing.  No longer will you have to
figure out what went wrong and wait for MS to come out with a fix for
their fix.

Art Cassel

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com