Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:57:29 -0400
Hi Jan,
As for the first part of your question, I would tend to agree with Gary.
Windows 95 came with IE4, while IE5 is a Windows98 product. By using IE5
with Windows95 you could possibly have a versioin conflict. As for the
second part of your question concerning Java, it could be that you don't
have your scripting enabled. Go into TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/SECURITY, click
the Custom Level button and scroll down until you get to the Scripting
section. Look for Active Scripting and Scripting of Java Applets and make
sure they are both enabled.

> At work I use IE5 with windows 95 all the time and never, never have any
> problems with it crashing.  At home I was back in the dark ages using
> Netscape 3.0 til I finally got brave and installed IE5.  I had never used
> any IE at home before that.  What makes you say that IE5 should not be
used
> on windows 95, anything in particular?
>
> Also, I rarely have any problems with IE5 other than in a few sites, both
of
> which use java and graphics.  Could there be a connection with the
crashing
> and those particular sites due to the java and graphics?  Could I have a
> problem with my video adaptor or such?  I know nothing about that???
> Suggestions?  Thanks, Jan
>
> >Jan,
> >I feel, me only, that IE5 should NOT be used with Windows95.  I would  go
> >back
> >to IE4.01 with SP2. You will have a system that is fairly stable. From
what
> >have seen IE5 was made for users of Windows98....or....you could go to
> >Linux
> >and use Netscape....hmmm. Works for me :-)  Picked up Linux Mandrake7.0
for
> >$25.00 at Wal-Mart and was on the internet in about an hour (dual-booting
> >Windows98 and Linux).
> >
> >Regards,
> >Gary
> >
> >--