Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:17:25 -0400
Need your help, guys.  A problem has just recently emerged when I boot up my HP Pavilion.

In the start-up sequence, there's a screen that comes on (black and white) that gives me a choice between Windows XP Home edition or Recovery.  If I hit enter on the Home edition, the computer boots fine.  I found this out when I came in and saw the computer frozen on a Welcome screen.  I hit the power button and turned it off because I couldn't get past the Welcome screen to solve the freezing problem.  When I rebooted, I hit the Home edition choice to see what would happen, and it booted fine. To make sure this wasn't a fluke, I've checked it several times.  I always have to choose Home edition even though Home edition is highlighted for me.

I have Windows XP, 1.4 processor, and the computer is a little over a year old.

I use Norton's Anti-Virus, Zone Alarm, Spybot, and AdAware.  All are up-to-date and I run the spyware programs regularly and they say there is nothing hidden (should I believe that?) anywhere.

TIA
Brenda Dencer, Maryland