Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:00:29 -0700
On 15 Mar 2007 at 12:26, Sistad, Robin L wrote:

> I have been using an internet service through TDS.net for the past
> couple of years for my home computer.  I also have my email address set
> up through them.  My problem:  I have saved a few hundred emails from
> friends and family and would like to find a way to transfer those from
> their site to my hard drive and then burn them onto a CD for safe
> keeping.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?   My last resort would be to copy and
> paste all emails to a MS word document...but that could take weeks......
> hopefully there is an easier way to transfer.  I do not currently use
> the MS Outlook on my home computer for any emails.

  Look for an option like "POP" or "POP3" download.  This is the most common
way for email programs like Outlook (there are a number of other choices) to
retrieve email from a remote service and store it locally.

> (emailing you from my work computer)

> Confidentiality notice:
> This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally
> privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your
> computer.

  Notices like this are often attached to outbound emails from work systems.
 They're *probably* unenforceable -- I know of no case where someone has
tried.  The terms that they typically try to claim -- "any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited" --
are in direct conflict with the terms under which our lists operate.
  IF this postscript means anything, besides a waste of bandwidth, it means
that your employer doesn't consider participation in lists like this a
legitimate use of your work email account (which they provide).  [Although
the employer can't possibly enforce these terms against the list, they may
be able to come after YOU for violating their policy....]  So if your
employer does this, I recommend using a free web email account (HotMail,
Yahoo, GMail, or whatever) as your list subscription address.

David Gillett

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!