Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:07:24 -0800
Well until you know the password she won't be able to access the harddrive
at all , Basically when XP was installed It created 2 accounts ; hers and an
administrator account . To access this account all she needs to do is hit
CTRL + ALT +DEL  ONCE at the initial log on screen . Then she needs to enter
exactly -> Administrator and then the password if any was set . Then from
the control panel she can change the user account password . Hopefully this
helps

    Herman Morgan

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ken Shearer
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 07:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Win XP Passwords

While servicing one of my corporate clients the other day, an employee came
up to me and explained that her kids had changed the Windows login password
on her laptop which runs XP.  Now she is unable to even boot the machine.
Is there a way for her to get around this?  I don't have XP, but do use 2000
Pro, and did a registry search for the words 'password' (no ' marks) as well
as the two passwords I use to start Windows either as myself or as the
administrator, and came up with no matches. I was hoping maybe the XP
registry was set up in a similar way to 2000 Pro, and was going to suggest
she boot to DOS and use the DOS editor to find and change the password back.
But obviously this isn't going to work.  Anybody have any suggestions, short
of blowing away the HDD and reinstalling everything?  Thanks!

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com