Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:19:47 -0500
From: Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
To: PCSOFT list <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [PCSOFT] Windows TEMP folder location

> Mystery solved.
>
> SET TEMP= sets the DOS level temp directory.
> SET TMP= sets the windows temp directory.

Really?  I thought that "TMP" was an old hold-over from some DOS
programs that used that directory as a default temp directory instead of
the "standard" TEMP directory.  I've always had both entries in my
AUTOEXEC from DOS 3 days and just never bothered to remove the TMP entry
"just in case".  I really didn't believe it was used by anyone any more.

I think it more likely that the spaces (if you had them) were the cause.
I tried this experiment ...

Set x = e:\temp

If you then check your variables, the spaces around the equal sign are
included.  Now try to clear the X variable with

Set x=

Note the lack of spaces.  Now when you check the variables, the X
variable is still there!  Now try to clear the X variable with

Set x =

and you will see that the variable is found and removed.  I think it was
really ignoring the "temp " when looking for what should have been the
"temp" variable when setting the default temp directory.  I could be
wrong though.

                         http://nospin.com/rode