Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don L Weckler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:08:04 -0600
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:05:16 -0500 "K. Karl Kuller" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Hi All,
>    Win 95 was behaving normally, with the startup screen being the
>Desktop.

>    Would some kind soul please tell me how to get to the proper point
>in the registry to remove the unwanted startup programs.

There are eight places where you can try to stop this annoyance:

1. the startup folder
2. the load= and run= lines in win.ini
3. The Run, RunOnce, RunServices and RunServicesOnce keys under
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

4. The Run and RunOnce keys under
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

5. subkeys under
        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\

6. the [386enh] and [boot] sections of system.ini

7. the IOSUBSYS folder (drivers load automatically)

8. The config.sys, autoexec.bat and winstart.bat files.

Happy hunting.
Don Weckler

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html