Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Carter N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:01:21 +0100
Hello all,

> I've been having a lot of fatal exception errors and general
> protection faults lately. Much of the time, it starts with
> "Explorer has caused an invalid page  fault in module GDI.EXE
> at 0001:00005432" or words to that effect. Since this was

I've been having similar problem - lots of Invalid Page Faults in various
modules.

At first, I thought it was a bug in Office 2K (I had installed it around the
time the problems started). Then I thought it was a problem with the CD I
loaded it off (corrupt files), then I thought it was the drivers for my
video card or motherboard. Then I thought it was my RAM chips.

After many days of trying reformats, reinstalls with different CDs,
different applications and drivers, I discovered that the problem was due to
my CMOS hardware settings. The problem was due to my having increased the
motherboard speed to 100MHz (I used to run it at 83MHz). Reducing it to
83MHz seems to have cleared the problems. It's too early to be sure that
this is the cause and solution, but my computer is far more reliable now its
on 83MHz.

Background: I have a PC-100 m/b with PC-100 RAM dimms, and a 333MHz k6-2. I
upgraded the CPU to a 500MHZ, hence I increased the m/b speed. The problems
started happening shortly after, but I was convinced it was a software
problem.

Hope this helps.

Neil
Neil Carter              Psychology Department
IT Technician      University of Wales Swansea
                         Wales, United Kingdom

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/Staff/NeilCarter/

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html