Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:41:31 +1000
Mary wrote:
>The new computer doesn't have a
>floppy drive, and the old one doesn't had a CD burner.>>

A common problem.

If it were me, I'd look around for an old CD burner--local tip, op-shops,
computer shops probably throw away dozens, ebay. You'd get one for a couple
of dollars.

Just hook it up loose to the old computer. Presumably it has a CD
player--you could use the plugs which feed into that. There's plenty of
simple freeware burning software which ought to be W-98 compatible. You
only need to burn data.

Then transfer all your stuff by way of CD's.

Forget floppies, they're too small to hold many photos. I think W98SE only
had USB1, which is probably why the flash drive won't work.

A second method would be to upload your stuff to one of the many free
websites that host files. Uploading would take a long time, as upload
speeds on most broadband is a lot slower than downloads. Then download it
all onto the new computer. that would cost nothing, and you're obviously in
no hurry.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                       http://freepctech.com/rode