Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Virginia Magboo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:07:31 -0400
I decided to answer E. Truss through the list for it occurs to me that my
answer might well reveal something  about the 70 or so percent who do not
post, the x% who post rarely, and my understanding of the basic rationale for
such a discussion group
(with an underlying appreciation of the generous souls who devised it and
maintain it).

I have been learning about computers the hard way- dashing and crashing
merrily which is not a bad system really, although sometimes I have lost a few
things near and dear to
me.  To my credit, I haven't crashed for a long time, and my dashing has
slowed down.
My particular post about these files came as part of my general desire to know
what affects what within all the software applications, gain more space and
delete a lot of junk I have carelessly  left  on my hard drive through
improper uninstallations etc. I asked for advice on a relatively large file I
could not recognize to avoid deleting it stupidly and suffering the usual
grave consequences. It took me no trouble to find out  what it is for Jim
Meagher generously took the time to tell me,  and I will now not touch it with
a ten foot pole.

I do not know enough to ask the group a complicated question. That time will
come
and meanwhile I will still work out these "minor" problems on my own first and
then  ask help when I  decide  it is time to call on the "pros" to advise
what to do.  I am a willing student, and as an experienced teacher  and
skilled professional in another art, I know we were not born knowing anything,
much less everything. In other words, I am no longer embarrassed about not
knowing some things, although I realize such ignorance could be time consuming
for others to correct, and I am very appreciative!  Why even I, a pedestrian
errant surfer,  have posted three reasonable answers to people who asked
something I knew about. Why did I answer, because someone wanted to know
something.
It is that simple.

Have I satisfied your curiosity?   It is curious, isn't it, that the ultimate
dialogue on
all this  can be reduced to: Me- What is this?  E. Truss- Why do you want to
know?  I submit, with all due respect, that my question is mandatory for all
learning, and E. Truss' response could be a squelcher. I also must say that,
even though I have understood the words of his query,  and have answered it
fully,  perhaps I have misunderstood its tone, and apoligize beforehand if
that is the case.

Virginia Magboo