Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:11:34 +0000
List Members,

This post should not be construed as pointing fingers or ridiculing a
person's opinion and point of view, but I feel that a post that says
"I never used the software, but I heard/read" should be taken with
skepticism. I am sure that Michael is truly relating what he has
heard, but my experience with mailing lists and newsgroups is that
the posts are skewed towards problems.

Whether the piece of software is good or bad, some people will have
problems with it. Sometimes this is due to a hardware or software
conflict. Sometimes it is operator error. Other times the problem
could be fixed/avoided if the manual was actually consulted.
Occasionally, the software is really bad! But be wary of broad
general statements that condemn the software completely.

I personally have been using Nut & Bolts for about a month. I like
it. I have not had any problems, BUT, I do not use all the programs
AND I do not use the programs such as Bomb Shelter that monitor my
system for me. It may work exactly as advertised, but I do not have
problems with random lock-ups, so decided to forgo the extra
overhead.

No piece of software is perfect and without it detractors. Each
individual must weight the benefits against the potential problems
and make a decision on whether their computer experience would be
enhanced by the addition of the particular title.

As far as Nuts & Bolts, I prefer the DiskMinder to Win 95/MS Scan
Disk. It seems faster. I also prefer the DiskTune to Win95/MS
Defrag. I like the ability to re-organize the disk so that the
most accessed files are together near the "beginning" of the
disk. I am sure these same abilities are available with the Symantec
Norton Utilities. But you may have noticed a variety of complaints
about this product also.

Just my $0.02 and hope this helps anyone considering Nuts & Bolts to
make their decision.

Jim

> Reed Buente wrote:
> >
> >     I am wondering if anyone is having troubles with nuts and bolts.  I am
> > thinking about buying the program because of Nortons Utilities problems.
> > Thanks
>
> I have never tried this softwear but I have been
> reading the news groups and this list for many
> months and from what others say I would not want
> this on my computer.
>
> Michael

Jim Maki