Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:43:03 -0400
Good day, friends. I have a question concerning color settings for various
programs. My computer's current/default setting is "High Color (16 bit)". I
just installed a program (game) that will only work with the "256 Colors"
setting. I changed the setting but then I got a text box that said some
programs might not work unless I restart the computer now. So, I changed it
back to High Color/16 bit.

My question concerns what to do about this. If I want to run this program,
do I have to change the setting and restart every time? Alternatively, what
risks do I run if I leave the setting at 256 colors. I know there are
programs that require the high color/16 bit setting. It is confusing since I
don't know what the best operating standard is. Would I be better off to
just uninstall the new program and not use any programs that require 256
colors?

I know it is futile, but there is this little voice in my head saying "why
do 'they' do this to us"? Sometimes I feel like I have a metric wrench and
an American standard bolt.

Thanks for helping.

Mike Williams

Hi Mike,
Try this.  When you are in the window to change your color settings there is
a button called Advanced. Click this button to go into the advanced dialog
box. You will see 3 options at the bottom, one is Apply the new color
settings without restarting.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html