Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 00:21:45 +1000
Louise writes:

<<I'm using Windows 98SE & I've been having this problem for  several months.
It seems like this problem started when I upgraded my web browser to  IE6.0.>>

When you install any version of IE, it acts like a Windows upgrade. Not
only does the browser get installed, but the installation makes many
"updates" to Windows.  As IE6 was primarily written for XP, it seems those
changes proved disastrous on many W98 systems.

For this reason, IE6 is also very difficult to uninstall without expert
guidance. In many cases, the best solution seems to have been a complete
reformat of the hard drive. If it's an AOL-supplied version of IE6, I
suspect the problems will be compounded. You should endeavor to revert to
an earlier version of IE.

There may be a simple answer to this problem, but the experience of many
people with the combination of W98/IE6/AOL has not been a happy one. On the
other hand, it works fine for many others. Seems to depend on the precise
system it's running in. You may be lucky, you may not.

I speak, not from personal experience, but only from what I have seen in
this and other similar Digests.

You may have to settle for a possible workaround----try copying the link
and pasting it into a new IE window.  Tiresome, but might be the lesser of
several evils.

Sorry, I can't help with your AOL emails.

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com