Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:35:43 -0500
Dear Mick,

To figure out what the formula would be, I often figure out the problem
using numbers and then, looking at the math, I can figure out the
formula easier.

You want to figure a percentage of the total and then subtract that
amount from the total.

If I have a number like 200, I would multiply it by 60% to figure out
what 60% of 200 is.

200*60%= 120

Now, I want to subtract that amount from my original total of 200.

200-120=80

I can combine those two equations into one using parentheses since all
math problems solve equations inside parentheses first.

200-(200*60%)=80

Now we can turn this equation into an excel formula by substituting the
cell reference for the number 200. Thus your formula would look like
this:

=A21-(A21*60%)

The equals sign is at the beginning of the formula because Excel
requires that all formulas start with one. That way, excel knows the
cell contains a formula.

Elizabeth Boston