Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:09:22 -0500
Hi Maurice,

I'm not familiar with PC Bug Doctor but 18 reviews at
http://www.download.com/ resulted in 11% thumbs up and 89% thumbs down.
Generally, the Windows Registry for the average user is best left alone.
Programs like SpyBot Search & Destroy (http://tinyurl.com/btf8) and Ad-aware
(http://www.lavasoft.de/) that look for the "bad guys" in the Registry (and
elsewhere) are usually safe to use.

A program that I have used in the past is RegClean by Microsoft. The present
version has been around since 1998. Microsoft doesn't have it for download
now but one site that has it is PCWorld.com - RegClean v4.1a
http://tinyurl.com/1hf7. A nice feature is that, prior to 'fixing' any
problems, it creates an "undo.reg" file that you can use to undo any changes
it made. Be sure to read the 'readme' file.

Also, if you didn't know, Windows 98 has a built-in Registry backup tool.
Called Registry Checker, this tool works in the background and once a day it
scans your Registry for errors. If your Registry is error free, the Registry
Checker automatically backs up the Registry. If an error is found, the
Registry Checker automatically restores the most recent copy of the
Registry. To make sure that it has a clean recovery option, the Registry
Checker keeps five backup copies of the Registry on hand.

To manually backup the Registry (prior to installing new programs, etc.)
launch the System Information utility from the Start \ Programs \
Accessories \ System Tools menu. Once you launch the Registry Checker, it
automatically scans the Registry and then offers to make a new backup.

I hope this has been helpful...

Sven Swanson, Sr.