Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 14:42:23 -0700
  The "Documents and Settings" folder contains account "profiles", which in
turn include everything from start menus to desktops to Outlook message
stores.  There are two special ones:  When a new user account is created, a
copy of the "Default User" profile is made to provide a starting point, and
what you actually get at any moment (especially with the start menu) is a
merge of the profile for the currently-logged-in account with the "All
Users" profile.
  So a lightly used machine will normally have at least four profiles:  All
Users, Default User, Administrator, and the normal user, which it appears is
named "Dell User" on your machine.  I don't believe I've seen the
"LocalService" and "NetworkService" profiles before, although that may be
because I'm still more familiar with 2000 Pro than XP Pro.

  There are circumstances -- I'm not sure what, or how they arise -- which
will cause Windows to generate new versions of existing profiles, tacking a
dot an "extension" onto the normal name.  (I don't recall for certain
whether the new versions get the extension tacked on, or whether it gets
tacked onto the existing names and the names of the newly-created versions
don't take them.  Whichever the case, it appears that that has happened
here.

  Your basic surmise is correct:  Almost half of these profiles will not be
used and *could* be deleted.  But I'm not certain which half, and the unused
profiles might contain information you'd like to retain

David Gillett

On 31 Jul 2004 at 22:29, Jeffrey W. Frazier wrote:

> I am the only person who uses my desktop. Ever since I upgraded
> from Win 98 SE to Win XP Pro, I've taught myself what it does.
> Well, up to a point. My horsing around with it, boldly stepping
> where I probably shouldn't have, I've found myself with the
> following folders and I want to know which ones I can delete:
>
> E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
> E:\Documents and Settings\All Users
> E:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS32
> E:\Documents and Settings\Default User
> E:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS32
> E:\Documents and Settings\Dell User
> E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService
> E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY
> E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService
> E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY
>
> I know, I know. "E:\" ought to be "C:\." Heaven knows I've tried
> to change that drive designation, which occurred when I had a HD
> crash and took it to my local computer repair shop. When I got it
> back, C drive had become the 250 MB Zip drive and E had become,
> well, my HD designation.
>
> Any assistance on what I may delete would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeffrey W. Frazier
> The Frazier Law Firm, LLC
> 171 Opal Drive
> Roswell, GA  30075