Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:29:07 -0600
David writes:

<<If this was a commercial application, these two choices should have
*exactly* the same effect.  The application shows up in #4,
Microsoft's Add/Remove list, ONLY because, as part of installation,
it created a registry entry saying "here is the command to uninstall
this application" -- and if that's different from #2, some
programmers should be fired....>>

I fully agree.  Some programmers SHOULD be fired!  But we are nevertheless
grateful for their time and effort.

While on the subject of reviling programmers, has anyone noticed lately
that small applications seem to be getting bigger?

I went to download a utility the other day which appeared to have only one
simple purpose, and was astonished to see it was over 1 Mb in size.  I was
expecting something perhaps 200 Kb at most.

Apps that used to be a few Kb now seem to be getting up in the Mb
size.  Does anyone know why?  Is the fact that they now have to be written
for a multiplicity of Windows Operating Systems mean that they have to
contain that much more coding?  Maybe it's just my imagination.

Seems our shiny new 20 Gb hard drives aren't going to last any longer than
our everlasting 2.1 Gb ones did.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Computer tutorials,Fractals, poetry, free icons,  and beautiful Queensland
beaches.