Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:44:06 -0500
Michael Frank wrote:

>You don't run the program. You have to boot from your cd-rom to get Hirens
>to work

Not quite true.
You can indeed run Hiren's CD inside Windows.
What you'll get is a small pane with a "Browse" button ,which when clicked,
will give you a view of all the files /folders on the CD.
Read the BootCD.txt  - It gives you a list of all the programs on the CD
The rest is mostly compressed files.
More useful is to click the Menu near the top of the pane.
That will give you access to the WinTools menu.
Several or most can be run inside Windows.

When you boot from the CD ,you'll get a choice to
Boot from hard drive.
Hiren's boot CD
and Mini XP
The latter is also quite useful. Just as a tip, start the PENetwork via the shortcut icon on
the Desktop. If you don't, you may not have an internet connection.

Booting into Hiren's Boot CD will give you a menu with multiple submenus.
*Tip to get out of the Boot CD ,just press Alt -Ctrl-Del and computer will reboot.

As to the CD not booting: Make sure your first boot device is set to be the CD/DVD drive.
Adjust or check in BIOS if this is the case. BIOS is accessible by pressing F2 or Del
or another key during boot-up. It depends on computer make which key to press.

* Also make sure you don't have any USB drives connected or the CD boot process may halt
half way. At least that has been my experience on several machines.

Hope this helps a little.

Peter E.