Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:23:50 +1000
Wayne wrote:
>I know that I have seen a free fast desktop search that doesn't require
>indexing>>

I'd have thought that "fast" and "no indexing" were mutually exclusive terms.

I've never been quite sure what "desktop searching" is.  I assume it means
"computer search" , as I can't conceive of any reason why I'd want to ever
search just my desktop.

I don't see how any proper search function could be fast unless it uses
some form of database or indexing.  Maybe I'm missing something here.

I've been using "Locate" for quite a while now. Once it's made its initial
database, monthly updates only take a few seconds, despite the data on my
computer changing constantly. It's not a continuos running process, so it
doesn't constantly monitor current activity, though I see that's planned as
a future option.

http://www.uku.fi/~jmhuttun/english/softwares.shtml

It locates any file or whatever instantly---even things as obscure as
recent Ebay favourite links.  Dunno how it works so fast.  Its database
file, on mine, is 3 Mb, so it's not too space-hungry, though I don't have a
huge number of files compared to some.

It's free, the version I have is Beta version3 and only good for XP, but it
works brilliantly, I highly recommend it.

As well, it has a huge number of command line options, for those clever
enough or old enough to remember what a command line is. I'm neither.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml