Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kris Shapar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:25:29 -0400
If you've got a large hard drive (over 2 GB), you could save some space by
converting to FAT 32, in the neighborhood of 200 MB per 1 GB. However, no
other OS can read FAT 32 drives (except for Win 95 OSR 2). Since many disk
utilities work best under DOS, you'd not be able to use them. Nor would you be
able to dual boot your machine into, say, NT 4 and Win 9x.

If you ever want to compress your drive, forget it if you've converted it to FAT
32, a format that does not work with drive compression.

Win 98's disk defragger is optimized for FAT 32, however, and there are some
other advantages as well regarding data integrity.  Also, if you have a very
large hard drive, FAT 32 will recognize the whole thing (up to 32 GB, I think)
at once, so you don't need to partition it for the OS to recognize it.

Kris Shapar

On 24 Aug 98, about Re: [PCSOFT] Re: Advantages of FAT32, Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]> had this to say: