Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:21:37 -0400

>      When I am using Outlook Express and do a spell check an icon is
appears on my desktop.  If I left click on the icon a >file opens up with a
heading of "Custom- Notepad", and it is blank.  If I right click on the
desktop icon  and click on >properties it says the type = DIC file, Location
= > C:\Windows\Desktop, Size = 0 bytes (0 bytes), 0 bytes used, and >MS.dos
name  = CUSTOM.DIC.

> Jack D. Rees

When your spell checker encounters unknown words and you opt to add those
words, these get placed into the custom dictionary file.  This file is
placed in C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof.  In OE, check the
Spelling Tab located under Tools/Options (I think this option is only
available if you have MS Office components installed).  You'll notice a
Language Selection dropdown menu and an Edit Custom Dictionary button.  I'm
not sure, but it could be that a custom dictionary was created for something
other that the default language (eg: US default is English {US}) and that's
being placed on the Desktop.  Also, I was unable to find any *.ini file that
configured this.  Maybe it's buried somewhere in the registry.  Hope this
helps.

Ian Carmichael
NYC

                     support at our newest website: