Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lynn Moncrief <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:00:49 -0700
Hi Jim and Mark,

My original reply to Mark (quoted below in Jim's message) contained an
error. You *can* print selected text from the Print dialog in Win98's
WordPad. I did it successfully just before posting this. (Perhaps Win95's
Wordpad didn't have that option, as I was working from memories of Win95
when I wrote my earlier message.) You cannot, however, print selected text
from Win98's Notepad. So, Jim, you're right about the relative power of
these particular applications.

Lynn

At 03:07 PM 8/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Mark's question is very confusing and extremely vague but it sounds as if he
>is talking about an option on the print dialog for some un-named program(s).
>The options that are available in a dialog box within a program are
>controlled by the program itself.
>
>While Windows is responsible for "talking" to the printer.  EACH individual
>application controls =what= can be printed.  This is why some applications
>have a "selection" option on the print menu and other programs do not.
>
>What it comes down to, is whether or not the designer of the program
>included the option to print selections.  The more complex the program is,
>the more features it will have.  Wordpad is the baby brother to Word, it has
>SOME of the same features but there is no comparison to the capabilities of
>the two programs.  Notepad is an even more primitive application.
>
>To illustrate the point:
>
>Word give you six different styles of built-in bullets plus the ability to
>create customized bullets.  Wordpad gives you one bullet with no options.
>Notepad has no bullets.
>It's a classic example of "you get what you pay for".
>
>Jim Meagher
>=====
>Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
>http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
>=====

Lynn Moncrief
TECHindex & Docs