Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:27:54 -0700
Ann,

A CD(+ -)RW disk works like a hard disk. Hard disks have to be erased
before anything can be written to the used location. Hard disks
automatically find the empty space to write to. The same automatic function
is true with a CD(+ -)RW and can be used repeatedly, but will work for a
limited number of times (usually many, many burns - depends on the quality
of the media).

Using a standard, cheaper-priced CD disk with newer versions of Easy CD
Creator or Nero, etc., you can repeatedly add to a disk until it is filled
up.You can't erase it! Then it needs to be "closed out" in a format that
allows reading by any CD reader unit.

I hope that this helps.

J. Dent

At 02:06 PM 8/13/2004, you wrote:
>If I use a CD-RW to backup files (or for anything), does it act like a
>normal disk or does it have to be "erased" before writing something
>else?    Thanks,  Ann Fennell
>
>       "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>         programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                        http://freepctech.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml