Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Shaw, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:03:27 -0600
Hello,

Just received this from a friend and thought I'd ask the experts on this
list if it works.

Barbara Shaw

HOW TO PROTECT YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
I learned a computer trick today that's really ingenious in it's simplicity.
Just received it from a friend. As you may know, when/if a worm virus gets
into your computer it heads straight for your e-mail address book, and sends
itself to everyone in there, thus infecting all your friends and associates.
This trick won't keep the virus from getting into your computer, but it will
stop it from using your address book to spread further, and it will alert
you to the fact, that the worm has gotten into your system.

Here's what you do: first, open your address book and click on "new
contact",
Just as you would do if you were adding a new friend to your list
of e-mail addresses. In the window where you would type your friend's first
name, type in AAAAAAA.. Also use address [log in to unmask]
Now, here's what you've done and why it works: The name AAAAAAA will be
placed at the top of your address book as entry #1. This will be where the
worm will start in an effort to send itself to all your friends. But, when
it tries to send itself to AAAAAAA, It will be undeliverable because of the
phony e-mail address you entered. If the first attempt fails (which it will
because of the phony address), the worm goes no further and your friends
will not be infected.

Here's the second great advantage of this method: If an e-mail cannot be
delivered, you will be notified of this in your In Box almost immediately.
Hence, if you ever get an e-mail telling you that an e-mail addressed to
AAAAAAA could not be delivered, you know right away that you have the worm
virus in your system. You can then take steps to get rid of it!

University of Texas/El Paso
915-747-8817