Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:24:46 -0700

John,

"Simpy Scan" is somewhat of an oxymoron. It is never as simple as you feel
it should be! Scanning produces an image file. A picture, if you wish.
Depending on the software used, it might be one of several different
formats, or a proprietary format of the scanner/software combination.
Additional software can convert the image to text, columns, lines and
paragraphs, with varying degrees of success.

Since the original file is an image, you will not be able to open it with
any word processor/text editor program. If you convert the image file to a
text file, it will usually not look exactly like the original form you
scanned. There is software available specifically for scanning forms into
the computer to be filled out on the computer. If you are going to be doing
a lot of this type of work, you might look into purchasing one such as
OmniForm from Scansoft ($100). http://www.scansoft.com/omniform/standard/

If this is a one time deal, you might try loading the image into an image
editing program and entering text into the appropriate areas. It might take
some trial and error, but it should produce a workable image with overlaid
text you could print out.

I once produced a fill-in form using an image of the form in the background
of a Microsoft Word document and creating input fields in the foreground.
Not pretty, but it worked!

Hope this gives you some ideas to work with. Let us know if you need
additional help.

Jim Maki

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!