Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 20:33:14 -0500
I have a Dell Dimension 8200 running WinXP (OEM).  I use Norton SystemWorks 2002 and have an issue with it.  A couple days ago I started getting a blue screen on startup.  The internal MS problem analyzer said I had a problem with SYMEVENT, an event manager program in Norton SystemWorks. (It does not say which component of NSW is affected)  I went to Symantec site knowledge base and was ultimately given instructions on editing the registry (first time for me) and deleting the offending files, with instruction to then go to a web site to get a good copy of the executable program (sevinst.exe) to reinstall.  I did all this successfully except the sevinst.exe won't install.  Symantec has this situation in their knowledge base also (this problem was expected, apparently) and has a fix, but I don't know how to execute the fix.  The error is that when trying to install sevinst.exe I get a text box "symevent does not exist on this computer, no action taken". Well, DUH!  It also says "This document is designed for use by network administrators who are installing Symevent over a network".

The fix is:   "To fix this, install Sevinst.exe from a command line using the /NT switch to force the installation: sevinst /nt"

I don't know how to do this and would appreciate instructions.  (I am not a network so if perchance I don't need this sevinst.exe program, I'm happy to do without it.)

Thanks for your help.

Mike Williams

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml