Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:31:31 -0500
Donald Gaither-U52943 wrote:

> HI,
>         I heard somewhere that if you copy the MSDOS.SYS from C:> to the
> floppy, that it will start the GUI.  Haven't tried it so I don't know if
> it will work.

MSDOS.SYS is already on the floppy.  It is one third of what makes
a floppy bootable.  When you issue a FORMAT /S or SYS A: command,
IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS, and COMMAND.COM are all copied to the floppy.

To answer Jonathan's question from earlier about how to make a bootable
disk.

1. Format a floppy disk using the FORMAT A: /S command.
2. Copy C:\CONFIG.SYS and C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT to the newly formatted floppy.
3. Copy any needed drivers (like the CD) to the floppy.
4. Edit A:\CONFIG.SYS and A:\AUTOEXEC.BAT and change the
   path for the drivers to point to the copies on drive A instead of
   the original locations on C:
5. It is also a good idea to copy C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\FORMAT.EXE
   and C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\FDISK.EXE to the new floppy.

You should also create a floppy with the Emergency Recovery Utility
program.  This will create and restore a copy of your system registry
files.  It is on your win 95 CD.  Go to cd:\OTHER\MISC\ERU and read
the ERU.TXT file.  It will explain what to do with one exception.
It tells you the best place to save the system registry files is to A:
but these files are usually too big to fit on the A: drive. So you
must save them in a folder somewhere on C:

--
Jim Meagher
=====