Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:02:53 -0400
On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 2:31 PM Lawrence T. Gurley wrote:

>I'm running Win XP Pro SP2 on a PC built by my nephew: ASUS mb
>(A8N5X, 2GHz), Athlon 64X2 dual core 3800+ CPU, 1GB RAM.
>
>My nephew partitioned the 120 GB HD into C:\ and D:\, 20GB and 92 GB,
>respectively. Windows and some other software were installed on C:\;
>I've installed all later software on D:\
>
>The PC is shared by 3 people: myself, my wife and my adult daughter.
>MY daughter and I each have a fair amount of music and photos stored
>in our respective My Documents folders (in My Music and My Pictures).
>
>The computer has slowed down drastically in the last week or so.
>Drive C:\ has less than 1 GB free; D:\ has 71 GB free. (The
>C:\Documents and Settings folder alone is 9 GB.)
>
>I there an easy way, without loss of data, to repartition the
>physical drive to move more of the free space to C:\? Or can files be
>moved from C:\ to D:\ and still be found by the OS?

Only a third party partition manager program will allow you to resize
and/or move partitions. The classic Partition Magic 8 (from PowerQuest)
was very good at this, but Symantec bought out PowerQuest and killed
off their products.

You can buy Partition Commander (from VCOM, a division of Avanquest)
which allows for "full NTFS, Linux, and all other Windows type
partition resizing... And, [their] NTFS resizing works perfectly
with the latest Windows XP/2003/Vista as well as 2000/NT. This
[program] also includes [an] NTFS to FAT32 converter [which] safely
handles all NTFS versions. Partition Commander's advanced conversion
technology even handles compressed NTFS volumes..."
<http://vcom.avanquest.com/cat/prod.php?pid=2177>
Amazon.com sells it for $50, or download it direct from VCOM for $50.

If you google the expression "partition manager", you'll find several
other Partition Manager programs.

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: