Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:38:42 -0700
On 2 Jun 99, at 23:50, Greg De Guzman wrote:

> Appreciate any info how I can re-assemble image file (.bmp) that was sent
> through e-mail. it came through my e-mail as 71 partial files. Is this file
> type specific or would .jpg attachments send it as one whole image?

  It's probably a limitation based on file size.  Since .jpg is a compressed
format, the same (or near enough that you probably couldn't spot the
differences) image would make a much smaller .jpg file -- perhaps small
enough to be sent as a single attachment.

  One approach would be to save all of the attachments to disk, and then use
the copy command ("copy f1+f2+f3 fo") to join them into one large file; this
would get pretty tedious.
  You might be able to save all 71 mail messages to a single text file, in
their proper order.  Then you could use a script (I did something similar
years ago in AWK; today I would use Perl) to strip out the message headers
and leave just the attached data.

  Note that this attached data has probably been encoded for safe
transmission (as text rather than as binary); most likely using UUEncode
although possibly using MIME.  So after you get the attachments all strung
together with nothing else, you're going to need a decoder program to convert
this huge text file back to a binary .bmp file....

  Do you or your correspondent have access to an FTP server?  Maybe having
them upload it, using FTP, to somewhere you can download it from, will get
around their size limit on email without unduly burdening you....

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html