Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:59:03 -0500
At 17:47 12/19/07, Bill Cohane wrote:
>At 09:43 12/19/07, Jeff Long wrote:
>>I have encountered similar problems on 2 computers on our office
>>network, both running XP Home. This issue began a week ago when
>>I installed Microsoft's latest security patches. Another machine,
>>also running XP Home does not have the latest security patches
>>and it is not generating these errors.
>>
>>This leads me to think this is caused by the security patches.
>>
>>No solution, other than rebooting after several tries...
>
>If you check out <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615/en-us>
>you see that Microsoft states "Known issues. After you install
>security update 942615 on a computer that is running Windows XP
>Service Pack 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 may crash when
>you try to visit a Web site."

Microsoft has released a workaround for the problem created by
installing hotfix 942615. It's a registry modification for those
who can't or don't want to remove the hotfix. (Remember, this
hotfix was a cumulative security update for Internet Explorer.)

See <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946627> titled "Internet
Explorer 6 crashes after you install security update 942615 on
a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2". Here's
what it says:

"WORKAROUND

"Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method.
These problems might require that you reinstall the operating
system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be
solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

"To work around this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4. Type FEATURE_PROTECT_DECOMPRESSION_FILTER_FROM_ABORT_KB942367,
and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click FEATURE_PROTECT_DECOMPRESSION_FILTER_FROM_ABORT_KB942367,
point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
6. Type an asterisk (*), and then press ENTER.

       Note The asterisk (*) represents any process name that uses the
       Urlmon.dll file. If you want to make this change for an individual
       application that uses the Urlmon.dll file, use the name of that
       application instead of the asterisk. For example, use Appname.exe.

7. Right-click the asterisk, and then click Modify.
8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
9. Exit Registry Editor.

"APPLIES TO

" Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, when used with:
     Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
     Microsoft Windows XP Professional"

Regards,
Bill