Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:41:27 -0700
George,

You are asking about two completely unrelated processes.

When you download a picture, you are creating an EXACT duplicate
inside your PC.  The download process does nothing to modify or
distort the image.

When scanning photos, any number of variables enter into the
equation.  Dark bands, stipes, and streaks _usually_ are due to
problems with the scanner itself.  Clean the glass plate and if it's
a sheet feeder, clean the rollers.  If you have a long dark streak from
top to bottom AND it always appears in the same place, that would be due
to dead or dying elements within the scanning device itself... your scanner
is due for replacement (there may be repair shops, but I don't know of
anyone who repairs them)

Fidelity, contrast, color distortion are all related to the software
you use with your scanner _AND_ also the quality and type of image you
are scanning.  Glossy paper, white paper, off-white paper, dull finish,
newspaper, rag content of the paper, type of ink used, thickness of the
paper,
etc. etc. etc. ALL will have a direct impact on the quality of the scan.

Prior to starting the scan, there are quite a few settings that may needed
to adapt to the different types of paper mentioned above, and for the
different
types of ink used in the original document.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====