Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:27:20 -0400
Ok, I tried "Shoot the messenger" and even though a window appeared saying "Messenger Service safely disabled" , even after rebooting, the icon appears on task bar.  Then I did the start/run/msconfig and clicked on the "Startup" tab, Windows Messenger was not listed in the drop down window.  Unfortunately, the messenger still lives on my computer. *grin*   Dottie Hoch
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Mayer SC
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 6:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Windows Messenger

  Try "Shoot the Messenger" from Gibson Research.
  www.GRC.com

  If it still on your task bar, go to start/run and type in "msconfig". Go
  to start up items and deselect the item for Windows Messenger. Select
  apply and OK and restart Windows. Between the two of these, the
  messenger should be dead.

  Tom

  On 3/26/2010 10:34 AM, Dottie wrote:
  > I recently updated to Internet Explorer 8 and now have a Windows Messenger icon on my task bar. I tried to delete it but with no success.  I clicked on "My Computer - Add or remove programs" but the program is not even listed in the menu list.
  >
  > I never, never use Windows Messenger and really do not want it on my task bar.  Is there some way I can successfully delete this?
  >
  > Thanks, in advance, for any help.
  >
  > Dottie Hoch

                   our special coffee cups and mouse pads
                with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!