Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:29:29 -0700
  While a router that includes firewall functions will give better
protection than one that does not, it typically won't be quite as good as a
full-blown firewall.
  The combination with ZA *should* give you good coverage against purely
external threats.  (Note that each *can* be configured to provide no
protection at all!)  SpyBot S&D and AdAware should give good coverage
against things that piggyback in on legitimate use and then attempt to
tunnel their way out.
  Each of these only provides as good protection as the vendors knew to
detect and you've configured to check for.  A newly-created hacking tool
might not be in the repertoire of any of them, and so waltz right past them.

  Also, none of these tools offers you any protection from someone who has
physical access to the machine -- a houseguest who needs to check their
email, or a burglar who walks off with the whole machine.  Measures which
protect strongly against one threat may provide less protection -- or none
at all! -- against another.

  I would say that if you're going to store that information on your
machine, the more layers of protection, the better.

David Gillett

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>