Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:14:57 -0600
At 09:40 AM 6/20/99 , you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a shareware/freeware version or a similiar program to
>laplink.  Something small that can be used to transfer files to a system
>with no CD-Rom drive?
>
>I would use the Direct Cable connection but the machine I am transferring
>to does not have the Windows .cab files on it (that is one of the things I
>need to xfer to it).
>
>Thanks,
>Rob

In a case such as this, you can use the old basic INTERLNK.EXE and
INTERSVR.EXE files to setup a simple parallel or serial cable network.
These files are found in earlier version of MS Dos, v6.22, 6.2, 6.0, 5.0
and so forth.  The two files are rather small and easy to add with a floppy
disk to a system.   Just run your Win95/98 machine in Dos, not a dos
window.

You will need to decide which unit is the server and then from a
command line type:
   INTERLNK

This will set this machine up as a server.

Then add to the Config.sys of the other machine:
   DEVICE=C:\path\INTERSVR.EXE
Reboot this machine and you will be able to access the first machine
from either a DOS prompt or from within Windows95/98.

You can transfer files across a "bi-directional" parallel cable or a serial
cable.  This cable must be connected before you reboot the second
computer.  The first computer will acknowledge the link has been
made on the screen.

If you do not have these files, you can download them from our
web site at:
   http://nospin.com/pc/files
  MS INTERLINK Server Files
Under the header of 'Files recommended by Staff.'

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: